Why Should I Consider Modifying My Divorce Decree?

Things happen in life. Perhaps your ex-spouse is paying you alimony or child support and has had a substantial increase in income since the divorce. Perhaps your spouse has custody of your children and has gone down a path in life that is not in the best interest of your children. Maybe you were ordered to pay child support and/or alimony and have lost your job for reasons beyond your control. There are many scenarios which would justify a modification of your divorce decree, but you must understand that until the divorce order is modified, the original order stands, and all parties must comply with that order whether they are able to or not. If a party fails to abide by the court’s order, he or she could be held in contempt of court, be ordered to pay attorney fees and court costs, and even incarcerated.

If you feel that you might need a divorce modification, contact Russo, White and Keller at (205) 833-2589 for immediate assistance or email us.  We will provide a FREE evaluation your case and give you our honest straightforward opinion about your options.